Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Journal 4

Last week was very useful as I gained information about referencing and how to use this in English writing. Also I have learnt how to search for specific subjects which can be beneficial for doing assignments. In addition, in writing the students have done some practice to write an Annotated Bibliography which is helpful for them, because they got ideas of putting summary and critical thinking in the Annotated Bibliography together. Because of my lack of experience with this kind of writing I find it a little bit difficult and I need more practice to help me to be better at it.

In seminar presentation the students addressed some strategies to present their seminar.
In the reading class the students have also learnt reading strategies and they have done some homework in class which I see is useful because I can get the main idea from the passages and articles.

The next class was computer class, which was very handy for me last week because I have learnt online research and students have answered online question and discussed it with each other. Furthermore, I participated in creating a website blog and now I use it for online communication or group discussion.

Finally, I can say that I am happy with this course because it makes me to become more confident so in future I will be able to use what I have learnt from these classes and I am sure I will need these one day. Over all, this achievement is done by EAP teachers who are very supportive and hopeful. Without their help I would not achieve what I have now so that is why I would like to thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment