Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Journal 5

It is clear that the key to success is learning and studying. Last week students in writing class have learnt some kinds of referencing and solving problems which can be useful for doing their assignment on herbal medicine.

Also students and the teacher discussed the parts and items of their report. In addition, the process of doing assignment for me is a bit difficult, because I have never done it before but I think it is not very easy. However, when I was at university doing architectural engineering in my country I did a lot of surveying reports, site analysis and a thesis project which were quite different from the one that I will be doing.

In general, this assignment is a good idea, because it makes me ready to do other assignments in the future. In reading class the students did some practice about the herbal medicine article which was very beneficial and they can use it in the assignment. In listening also the students have listened to the lecture and they have done note taking which were helpful. The lecture was about the moon and it was interesting.

They have learnt strategies for seminar in spoken presentation and they were going to have some practice in class before the final presentation, which can be seen very helpful for them because most students came from different countries and cultures and in most countries they do not give a lot of attention to presentation. Finally, in computer class the students experienced some new web sites and programmes such as blog and EAP online.

No comments:

Post a Comment